Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 18, 2017, 10:15:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Writers!

Articles
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rescue the trophy from the UK!  (Read 610 times)
Kurt
Administrator
Prokaryote

Increase the dosage.

« on: December 24, 2008, 03:13:31 PM »

Leaky Vision has been baby sitting the trophy for us since J2K's tenure as toastee somewhat officially ended.  Leaky actually is a toastee, but there was no show to commemorate the passing of the trophy to him.  So, we'll work on getting the little guy returned, and once that's accomplished, we'll reinitiate the toasting process.  Our long pause in production has actually been a test to see who's really worthy, hanging in there with us long after there is any reasonable motivation to do so.  There are a number of deserving candidates remaining, and the insanely long wait will surely make the achievement that much sweeter when it finally comes around. 

We'll keep you posted!

Leave the toxicity to the fucking experts!
EThip
Magnesium

aka Ned Bigboote

« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2008, 10:30:06 PM »

I was wondering if that little bastard was still on the lamb in the UK.  Good to know he's still around.

Almond Tree - Cal Tjader
Trav "Chuck" McGee
Argon

I can drink with you.

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2008, 09:38:30 PM »

I don't even remember at this point... Shit-ho was replaced, yea?  What does this one look like?  Did it get a name? I'm sure there were pictures, but I can't recall.  Poor thing's gonna come back talking all funny and asking for bangers and mash.  But kudos to LV for keeping him safe.

Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

"Paying attention is an art few people ever... Oh! Hey! Shiny pennies!" - Trav
Kurt
Administrator
Prokaryote

Increase the dosage.

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2008, 05:15:39 PM »

Yeah, "Shit Ho" is in pieces in a box in a closet in Studio A.  Enough prepositions in that sentence for it to have been about Angostura Bitters. 

The new trophy has been revealed here in photos, at the moment I'm not sure where, but it's a terrific piece of glass work by Clarence Maloy.  Heavy as hell.  You could kill someone with it.  But it's gorgeous and you can drink out of it. 

Kurt
Administrator
Prokaryote

Increase the dosage.

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2008, 08:07:51 PM »

Ahh..found it.  Here's the new trophy:

Trav "Chuck" McGee
Argon

I can drink with you.

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2008, 08:36:56 PM »

Ah yes... now I recall it.  Nice work on Malloy's part!

Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Groucho
Toastee
Sulfur

Never Metal

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2009, 11:57:43 PM »

Having sent shit around the world... I hope you used the USPS...  FedEx would have charged 80 bucks to send that overseas!

Finally getting through the last minutes of the Botox show! SIDT has nothing on you!

The Beer Report with Groucho & CHUD...  Heard at: www.thebeerreport.com

Do you think I could buy back my introduction to you?
Trav "Chuck" McGee
Argon

I can drink with you.

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2009, 09:11:49 AM »

And the now defunct DHL, though less pricey, would have had the delivery guy standing literally at the doorstep of the address, looking for the recipient's name (which was clearly right there), then sent it back to the local DHL office for a fucking week and a half before actually getting the delivery straightened out.

...That's just my fun little experience with DHL.  May they rot in whatever mail hell they were sentenced to. 

...Not that I'm bitter or hold grudges or anything.   ...Just sayin'...

Christopher Cross - Sailing (I know, I know...)

Kurt
Administrator
Prokaryote

Increase the dosage.

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2009, 10:16:44 AM »

DHL was a joke.  Not a single positive experience with those folks and oddly, the Olympics chose to use them for everything.  Being the savvy shopper I am I was aware that FedEx was not my only option.  There is a post office in Low Point, I'd been there before, so of course utilizing their service leapt to mind immediately when faced with the task of shipping the trophy overseas.  It cost something in the $40+ neighborhood.

spoon
Toastee
Aluminum

Papal of Pourage

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2009, 04:00:12 PM »

I tend to stick with UPS at Staples. They never ask any questions and I like that. mmm hmmm no questions.

I am Father Spoon. I forgive your sins for gin. I drink microbrewed beer. I'm in a bowling, curling and dart league but I do not watch Nascar. I play hockey... and I'm drunk.
BuBBy
Administrator
Aluminum

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2014, 04:39:23 PM »

Bring the Trophy back home.  I can't believe I am typing on technology that's five or so years older than the previous post. From my garage. It's like living in the future.  God DAMNit
Kurt
Administrator
Prokaryote

Increase the dosage.

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2014, 04:43:14 PM »

Ha, yeah, this is a real mind warp.  I mean, like, wha' happen?  And yes, by all means, give me the bill on the shipping and it's done! 

BuBBy
Administrator
Aluminum

« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2017, 01:35:37 PM »

Did the trophy ever come back home?
Kurt
Administrator
Prokaryote

Increase the dosage.

« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2017, 09:40:53 PM »

Not yet... could be a fun campaign to start!

BuBBy
Administrator
Aluminum

« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2017, 02:01:17 PM »

Ive got $5 whole American dollars in change rolling around in my car Id put towards the fund to bring that thing back!
Kurt
Administrator
Prokaryote

Increase the dosage.

« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2017, 11:43:22 PM »

Haha.. you're too generous.  I've already got a kidney on eBay that should cover most of it.  I'll get in touch with Leaky and see about making a rescue plan.  Ironically, I think its citizenship has changed now, so there's going to be a bunch of paperwork involved.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: